8.19.2008

thoughts on asphalt..

A waking dream slapped the
cracked asphalt summers.

In the path basked an ice cream truck;
in the heat a melody played.

In this vivid past
I screamed full fledged with life so vast;
wanting anything sweet.


Tires tread memory.

I dread nostalgia of tired days;

hazy days which spun on.
Presents -
from my practical
present day family.

Today
in the winter of my mind
I treat summers as mosquito bites.
I hold dear to the Raid - I spray the past.
I'd hold them dearer
if I could feel as warm
as I did shaking above the asphalt black.

Today,
I watch memory
wide - eyed,
drive by
shooting me
with insignificant plot lines and tunes.


Smiles with missing teeth stampede by me.

Regrets beget an indoor life

imploring:
"Don't step outside!"


Nothing changes nor disappoints.
My room looks the same
as yesterday,
in the corners of my mind.

No comments:

Austrian Daily

Business Technology

Deal Journal

Independent Street

Ubu Art